Frequently Asked Question
Most common reasons for the following errors:
1. CID/Password Incorrect
2. Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden -)
3. Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Unauthorized - ....)
1. Joining, completing your new member orientation/exam, reactivating your membership, or changing passwords in the last hour. The database synchronization happens with the voice and FSD servers multiple times a day, but that can mean if you are trying to log on within an hour of completing New Member Orientation, reactivating or changing passwords, that the server you are trying has not received your updated membership information yet. You are welcome to try other servers to try to find one that has been synced. We announce multiple times during the registration, account reactivation, and password change processes that it can take up to one hour for new/updated membership information to be passed to all servers, including the voice server.
2. Copying and pasting the password, and inadvertently copying an extra space character (e.g. at the beginning or the end). Sometimes, when copying in Windows (maybe other OSs too but I don't know) an extra space character is copied and you can't see that when pasting your password.
3. Using wrong password characters when some characters look alike (e.g. one vs. lower case L (l), upper case i (I) vs. lower case L (l), etc.
If in doubt, suggest completely clearing out your password field and very carefully typing in your password, using care to ensure any required capital letters are capitalized.